Saturday, November 8, 2008

Okay again

I should be making notes for an exam, but I just want to add to my dear buddy's post regarding her conversation with our God Almighty.
Sometimes man, it's so hard to wait on God because our humanness gets in the way of His plan. I can't always understand how He could choose me for any part of His plan when I get so impatient waiting. It's like a little kid who gets one simple speaking part in a school play, and all the little boy can think about is when his part is going to come. He keep asking the teacher, "Do I say it now? How about now? When is my turn? What am I supposed to do again?" And yes, that's me. In relationships, a future career, becoming mature both emotionally and spiritually. All of that. Sometimes I want to talk to God about it just one. more. time. but then I think, He's probably up to here (place hand slightly below top of head for visual example) with me. And then I remember that I'm not even worthy to BE in this huge, spiritually, all-encompassing "play" (to continue the metaphor). That one gets me. BUT THEN it comes back that God wants me here anyway. He picked me not because I was worth it according to my standards, but because of I was worth it according to HIS Love. Man, now THAT one gets me.
Ugh. Being a Christian isn't just "angels and fluffy clouds". It's a pretty tough road, and that's why the road is so narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment