Saturday, December 6, 2008

Subtleties

Okay... So.
Death Cab/Snow Patrol concert.
Awesome.

That sums it up nicely.

But besides that. I was sitting there next to Cheryl and Jamella who were screaming and writhing in their seats and I was thinking about things.
I express my happiness differently than others. I was real quiet and still--smile unable to leave my face. Very intent upon the stage. I was taking it all in--like I was grabbing all the sights and the sounds and shoving them in so I could hang on to all of them. But it must have looked like I was bored or not having a good time to outsiders. Which is the complete opposite of reality. It was SO awesome. Still, if I think about it or trying to describe it, I just get real still and a genuine smile creeps up.
I've always been bothered by something that people do while watching movies (in particular my best friend). She'll react viscerally to everything that happens. So if there's a make-you-jump part she'll always jump and sometimes grab onto things. It's hard to explain why it bothers me. Cuz what I just described doesn't capture it. But it's that sort of thing. She gets really into it. She'll worry about them falling or getting caught by the bad guys. I'll hear gasps and see her tensing up. While I just sit and take it all in--very detached like.
I think this is the same sort of thing. I guess I detach everything but my eyes/ears and brain and just soak it all in to mull it over. And when other people don't turn off the other things, it bothers me (but, just to clarify: Jam and Cheryl did not bother me last night, that comment was more directed towards my best friend's antics). And from the outside my manner seems to indicate apathy or boredom. But it's the smile and the eyes that'll give it away. This is a different smile than my polite I-AM-bored-but-I-don't-want-to-make-you-feel-bad smile.

The truth is in the sublteties.

D*sire

No comments:

Post a Comment