Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bits and Pieces

A few random tidbits from the evening spent with my best friend who's been my best friend since... well... ever. She and I have been best friends ever since sixth grade and even before.

Even though I always drag my feet going, I'm never sorry I went.

It's so easy to fall back into old times. I mean.. we went from scrawny unsure kids into full blown legal drinking adults together!

We've both changed but not so much that we lose that common background and shared connection.

She's still the same crazy 6th grader that put on the show with "Nancy" and "George" in Hotel California and the same girl that put my makeup on for prom sitting at her wobbly kitchen table and the same girl that calls me late at night in my dorm room to talk about all kinds of things.

However, I always end up the listener and watcher (and that's true across the board in most of my conversations). And while I let that happen, I come out of it feeling that I missed something. I wonder when I'll meet someone that doesn't leave me feeling that small bit of empty after talking to them (ie being talked at).

I really do enjoy a good conversation. I love finding out what's going on inside other people's heads. I love sifting through all kinds of overflow of their mind and being surprised at finding something that I have in mine or something that's so different from me that I would have never dreamed it into existence.

-D*sire

No comments:

Post a Comment