Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yeah, I don't know what to call this so we'll just call it this

So I have hung out with all the people I still keep up with from high school--all three of them (lame I know, but c'est la vie). All in the past week or so. And it's kind of been a collision of worlds. Parts of me and our memories and our...zeitgeist (not sure if it works, but it's what I came up with at the moment) when we're together are all the same; the same now as in high school as in middle school and on back (as applicable). But there are other things about them and me and our lives that are worlds apart from who we were and that connection that we had previously had. It's a very odd mixture--almost an emulsion of sorts--of old and new, sometimes comfortable like a favorite sneaker and sometimes strained like an awkward situation. Still not sure what to do with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment