Monday, January 19, 2009

Okay. On a bit more serious note. I've been debating about whether or not (and how) to mention this...
I found out last Monday that my grandma has ovarian cancer... and it's not a good one to have (if there is such a thing as a 'good' cancer). She goes to see the oncologist Thursday so we'll know more then, but from what they know so far, if the treatment/surgery/chemo all work the best possible she still only has more or less three years left. And there's not even a good chance that the treatment will work that well...

So, needless to say Monday was not a good night.

But, since then, I'm kinda in the limbo state of "I don't know what to do." I can't just go see her, but then again, those times are so numbered now that I'm wondering if I shouldn't being trying to somehow get up there the most I can. How can I keep living as normal when I know she's dying with every day? It has definitely put a bit of perspective in my life, but this is the first time I've ever really had to deal with something like this... so I still have this surreal feeling, infused with waves of sadness.

-D*sire

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. i'm sure i'll talk to you about this in person later, but I just wanted to comment now that i'll be praying for you and the family and your grandma.

    -jchoc

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry to hear that, if you need anything, there's 11 of us always here for you

    ReplyDelete